Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office
Two people were robbed at gunpoint in Norway over a three-day period, according to the sheriff’s office incident report.
The first incident took place at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Orangeburg County household waste collection site, located at 328 Somerset Drive.
An employee told MPs that two men entered the site through the door closest to Cope Road.
As the employee climbed the stairs to the office, the taller man asked him how to get job information.
He then asked the employee to give up all of his money or he would shoot him, according to an incident report.
The employee at first thought the man was joking, but realized he was not when the man pointed a small black gun at him.
The employee told the men he had no money on him.
He said the men demanded that he give up something of value, the report said.
The employee told the men he left his debit card at home.
The men “ended up giving up in frustration and ran away” when they realized the employee was going to call 911, the report said.
People also read …
The men fled on foot on Cope Road towards Cope.
Another incident occurred around 10 p.m. Monday on or near Calhoun Avenue, according to a press release from the city of Norway.
One person said he was robbed by three or four men. One of the thieves was small and another was taller.
One of the thieves pointed a gun at the person’s head and demanded money and guns. A pistol and a shotgun were stolen, the statement said.
The city press release says, “Please exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings, lock your car doors, lock your house, make sure your camera and security systems are working properly.” “
Both incidents are under investigation by the Norwegian Police Department and the Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office. Agents from both agencies patrol the area.
To report suspicious activity, contact the Norwegian Police Department at 803-263-2015 or the Sheriff’s Office at 803-534-3550.
• Someone stole an unsecured gray 2021 Toyota Tacoma from a property in Middle Willow Road in Norway early Friday morning. The owner left the keys under the groundsheet, according to an incident report.
The SC Highway Patrol later found the Tacoma. It is valued at $ 55,000.
• A white 1996 Ford F-350 pickup truck was stolen twice from a Lefty Court property in Elloree on Saturday.
The owner of the truck left it there after hitting a feral hog.
When the owner went to pick up the truck, he was no longer there. It is valued at $ 1,000.
• The following items were stolen from a house in Fair Oaks Court in Branchville: two Coleman camping stoves, two Milwaukee Tool impact pistols, a 30-inch Samsung black television, a Harrington & Richardson shotgun, a grinder from established Black & Decker, an air compressor and an Oklahoma Joe grill.
The theft was reported on Saturday and the value of the stolen items is $ 1,990.
• A white 2006 Ford F-350 van was stolen Sunday from the parking lot of the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, located at 731 Citadel Road in Orangeburg. The pickup truck is valued at $ 6,500.
• Someone burglarized an apartment in Lands End Road in Orangeburg on Friday and stole the following: a sound bar, various baby clothes, a silver and blue men’s engagement ring, two Sony Playstation game controllers, and three Roku TVs.
Stolen items are valued at $ 950.
Contact the author: [email protected] or 803-533-5545. Follow on Twitter: @MRBrownTandD